Monday, September 3, 2012

A Brave New World...

So, I'm starting my IB Art Design class this semester, and I thought it would be a neat idea to start up a blog about my processes and work during the year. I'll be uploading pictures of my studio pieces and sketchbook throughout the year, as well as posting some of my inspirations for pieces, and things that I like that may not necessarily be about art but more about me, like literature, good books, poems, songs and pictures.

I'm hoping this blog will help with gathering and organizing my inspiration and ideas, so we'll have to see where this goes this year. I've gotten  really excited, as well as a big dose of nervous, when I signed up for and started this class.


One of the artists I've been really liking lately can be found on Rachel Urquhart's blog, Pony Gold. I really like the southwestern and bohemian influences in her work. I absolutely love the photography inspiration. Its gorgeous. Another amazing artist is Alexandra Valenti. Her painted images here are simply incredible. I get the same natural and dreamy vibes from both artists.



No comments:

Post a Comment